- Published on 06 January 2016
1. When you need to clean your microwave.
Microwave a bowl of water and lemon juice for 5 minutes to make caked on food easy to clean right out.
2. When you need to chop an onion.
Cut the ends off the onion and microwave it for 30 seconds so the odors won't make you cry.
3. When you want to make corn on the cob.
Take the husk off the corn, wrap it in a paper towel and put it in the microwave for no more than 3 minutes.
4. When you already put a stamp on a misaddressed envelope.
You can add a drop of water to the stamp that's on the envelope and put it in the microwave for 20 seconds. It'll come right off.
5. When you've got leftover donuts.
Freshen up a stale donut by popping it in the microwave for 10-12 seconds.
6. When you need to disinfect your cutting board.
Add soap and water and pop it into the microwave for one minutes and rinse it off.
7. When you want to make bacon in a flash.
Just place a few slices over a bowl and place it in the microwave for a minute for every piece of bacon.